non invasive - drug free - highly effective
Autoimmune conditions are the result of either low or over activity of the immune system; with over activity the body attacks and damages its own tissues. Generally the body is weakened and cannot fight the invasion leading to infections. The antibodies then created, instead of fighting the infection, attack their own tissues.
Some of the autoimmune conditions are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis – affects the lining of joints causing inflammation, swelling and pain
- Lupus – autoimmune antibodies attach to tissues throughout the body
- MS – affects nerve cells
- Psoriasis – overactive T-cells reproduce rapidly and collect in the skin
- Graves’ disease – thyroid is stimulated to release excess hormones in the blood
- Hashimoto’s – antibodies are produced that attack the thyroid affecting hormonal production
- Diabetes Type 1 – insulin-producing cells in the pancreas are destroyed
- Parkinson’s disease – neurological disorder with reduced dopamine production
How does Reflexology help autoimmune conditions?
Autoimmune conditions occur when there is an imbalance in the body which comes from either low or over activity lowering the body’s ability to function well. Reflexology supports the body to achieve balanced function as much as possible.
Reflexology, certainly Facial Reflexology, accesses the nervous system, the pituitary and the brain which helps boost and strengthen the immune system. Reflexology reduces stress as well as some of the symptoms such as pain and nausea and helps increase energy levels.